June 7th, 2016 in
Wedding season is upon us once more, and I am in the thick of it. Between all the showers, bachelorette parties, and actually ceremonies, I have little free time and disposable income these days. It’s fun, but also a lot to handle.
It all makes me wonder if I should be less good at maintaining friendships. Ha ha ha.
In the coming weeks, I hope I’ll get back into writing, but until then…
May 12th, 2016 in
For our company book club, we recently read Dataclysm by Christian Rudder, which was an analysis of a ton of OkCupid data. Here are some fun facts I learned:
- Apparently I peaked at 21. I will never be more attractive than I was 5 years ago.
- There are a ton of ways to slice and dice seemingly random data.
- Black women get the least number of messages on online dating sites. A true travesty.
- Racial bias when it comes to online dating is due more to cultural beliefs than physical appearance. I’m thinking particularly of the example of a blind person demonstrating racial bias after learning their date’s race.
- Everything you do is being watched.
Those were the main takeaways. That and the fact that I’m doomed, basically an old maid at this point.
April 24th, 2016 in
Hey, I’m still alive.
Coding is great. I’m building cool stuff and learning a ton. If you want to see my work, go ahead and sign up at learn.co. We’re building the future of education.
Here are some screen caps of cool stuff that I’ve been working on.
Responsive Right Rail
In other news, I finally moved to the great city of New York, so look out for more posts now that I don’t have to waste three of hours a day commuting. Yay!